Please use the following link to register for WRSC and IRSC：
You can be registered as an individual or as a team up to 8 members. Upon receive your registration, we will send you a confirmation via email.
Full Registration fee for an individual or a team with 4 team members is 350 EUR. This includes the entry to both WRSC and IRSC events. Any additional team members cost 100 EUR and the maximum number of members is 8.
Conference Only Registration fee is 200 EUR per person. This includes the IRSC event, conference dinner and public day event. Although you are not allowed to compete, you are welcomed to visit WRSC event prior to the conference.
Competition Only Registration fee is the same as full registration. The cost is 350 EUR for an individual or a team with up to 4 members.
Early bird registration before
1st of June 15th of June (extended) provides a 100 % discount on Full Registration. The early bird registration waives all fee even you decided to join only one of the events.
International Travel Grant
The International Travel Grant is available to overseas teams to cover their transportation cost. This grant, up to 4000 EUR, can be spent on the international travel to the competition.
In order to apply:
- Register before 15th of June.
- Use the standard registration form and include “Apply for International Travel Grant” in remark section.
- Submit a Technical Progress Report (TPR) in English including your budget for the competition, description on your team and the boat, technical challenges and roadmap, and a plan for outreach activities.
- The TRP should no more than 5 pages. You need send to us before registration deadline (15th of June).
- We will review your TRP and award the travel grant depends on the following criteria. The vision of the team, technical readiness of the boat and reputation in the community.
- The earliest possible date of notification is 1st of June.
What is covered? Return economic class ticket from your nearest airport to Shanghai or Ningbo. Necessary cost on boat transportation from your city to the nearest airport and luggage charge. Hotel room near the competition venue (booked by us). VISA registration fee.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question.
For more specific information, please click: Travel Grant.
Diversity Scholarship Program
The Diversity Scholarship Program will help one team from the least developed countries to attend this event. The least developed countries are defined by United Nations and we use this list. This program including a travel grant up to 4000 EUR and a free standard ready-to-sail kit. We hope this program could help students in those countries to get start on robotics sailing.
In order to apply:
- Register before 1st of July.
- Use the standard registration form and include “Apply for Diversity Scholarship Program” in remark section.
- Submit a one-page Travel Plan (TP) in English including an introduction on yourself, motivation and budget.
- You need to send us TP before registration deadline (1st of July).
What is covered?
- Return economic class ticket from your nearest airport to Shanghai or Ningbo.
- Necessary cost from hometown to the nearest airport.
- Hotel room near the competition venue (booked by us).
- VISA registration fee.
- A free standard ready-to-sail kit and the shipping cost to your home country.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question. We reserve the right to include more countries to the list if there is no applicant after 1st of June. Delegated registration is not acceptable unless there is strong evidence to show you are familiar with the applicant.
News: countries list has been updated!
On top of least developed countries defined by UN, we further include countries in crisis (UN Food and Agriculture Organisation definition) to the list. Teams from UN least developed countries and in crisis are welcomed to submit your applications.